Wisconsin Does It Again!
Leading the pack nationally with it’s cutting edge dementia campaign.
I can’t wait to see the the full film!
This documentary has been initiated by and is about the State of Wisconsin and the redesign efforts being done by the Department of Health Services to better support people with dementia in our communities. It features a tremendous variety of topics.
- The Dementia Care Specialists who are employed by Counties and how they support caregivers, people with dementia and their local efforts to collaborate to establish dementia friendly community initiatives.
- The Jefferson County Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), and the role ADRCs have in the redesign
- Perspectives from local caregivers and people with dementia
- Local dementia friendly businesses and 2 Dementia Friendly Community organizations – The Fox Valley Memory Project and the Watertown Dementia Awareness Coalition
- Collaborative partners in the redesign including the Alzheimer’s Association, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin, and the Helen Bader Foundation
- Physician from a memory diagnostic clinic
- The Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute discussing national research being done at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
For Additional Information on Dementia and Caregiving
If you are interested in hosting an film event featuring “His Neighbor Phil” please contact Lori La Bey of Alzheimer’s Speaks who is a platinum sponsor of the movie.