Love, Laughter and Lewy Body Dementia
Our Guests today are Mary McGrath who will speak to us about her journey with her husband who has Lewy Body Dementia
and Angela Taylor with the Lewy Body Dementia Association
Today we will learn about:
- What is Lewy Body Dementia?
- Are certain demographics more likely to get this disease?
- Real life examples of symptoms and how to cope with them as a Care Partner as well as a person with symptoms
- Coping skills – Caring for yourself as well as the person with dementia
- How and where to find support
- How can the disease affect your relationships not only with your loved one with the disease but family, friends and coworkers.
- finding balance in caring for someone with Lewy Body Dementia
- Does early diagnosis help and if so how?
- What type of treatment is available for those with Lewy Body?
- Is the disease reversible?
- How can you help spread awareness about Lewy Body Dementia?
- Finding the good in Lewy Body Dementia
- What should you do if you think you or a loved is having symptoms of the disease?
- What resources are available for people dealing with Lewy Body Dementia?
Click on the white arrow in the black circle in the box below to listen to the show
Mary McGrath can be reached through her website
Angela Taylor can be reached at the Lewy Body Association at